Objectives of the College
In line with the above ideals and beliefs, the following are the cardinal objectives of the proposed institution:
- To Provide courses of instruction and learning in the schools of Nursing, Midwifery and any other schools which may from time to time be approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria;
- To provide courses of instruction, study, training, research and other facilities for the pursuit of learning in all branches of Nursing leading to the award or attainment of National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma (HND) in Nursing and professional certificate as Registered Nurse, Registered Midwife or Registered Public Health Nurse or such equivalent or higher qualification and such professional courses allowed by law which, on successful completion, candidates qualify as Nurses and Midwives to practice in any facility and scope permissible by law and guided by appropriate regulatory bodies within Nigeria and abroad;
- Provide courses of instruction and training in Nursing, Midwifery and such other related fields of learning relevant to the medical cum health needs of the populace as the College may, from time to time determine;
- To provide avenue for continuing education in Nursing and Midwifery;
- To provide avenue for health curriculum development;
- To act as centre for research into the various areas of theory and practice of Nursing and Midwifery;
- To provide further courses to holders ND/HND in Nursing and Midwifery and or the National Certificate in Nursing and Midwifery;
- To provide courses of trainings, workshops, retreats and seminars for health personnel and members of the public and the private sectors.
- To promote through teaching, research and other means for the advancement of knowledge and its practical application to the needs of humanity.
- To organize active community service and offer consultancy services in all sectors of the Nursing and Midwifery profession and healthcare at large;
- To provide courses of instruction both in the academic and the professional field for the students of the College and other serving Nurses, Midwives and other professionals;
- To organize from time to time in service vocation courses for serving Nurses, Midwives and other relevant medical and health personnel on relevant areas of the health spectrum.
- To create facilities for research and the dissemination of knowledge with respect to the Nursing and Midwifery profession by teaching nursing, midwifery, and encourage the spirit of inquiry and creativity in Nurses and Midwives for the production of highly motivated, conscientious and efficient Nurses, Midwives and related health personnel for the public and private sectors of the health system.
- To organize and provide programmes including open distance learning training, development, upgrading and re-certification of Nurses and Midwives;
- To carry out, either alone or in conjunction with other bodies, research on any matter relevant to the development; or advancement of Nursing and Midwifery or which may be requisite for health development in the country;
- To encourage, promote and conduct research in all fields of learning and human endeavor as may be approved by statute;
- To encourage the advancement of learning and to hold out to all persons without distinction of race, creed, sex or political conviction the opportunity of acquiring a higher education; and
- To undertake any other activities, appropriate for a College of Nursing Sciences of the highest international standard.